INFORMATION IN ENGLISH
PIPOLÄTKÄ RUKA (POND HOCKEY)
The seventh annual Pond Hockey Ruka tournament takes place in Ruka, Kuusamo on the 19.-21st of January 2023.
Pipolätkä Ruka is the biggest pond hockey tournament in Europe. In 2023 we expect to have more than 250 teams in the tournament, which would likely make Pipolätkä Ruka the biggest pond hockey tournament in the world.
In a nutshell Pipolätkä Ruka is all about you having the best weekend of the winter. The weather can be anything between -5 to -35 degrees celsius (so a perfect weather to have a couple of cold ones outside). Have a few drinks, have fun during the games, enjoy the after parties and the very best a pond hockey tournament can offer.
Ruka is the perfect winter holiday destination for you and your friends. You can snowboard, ski, drive a snowmobile, go to sauna & winter swimming, you name it. You can even do these activities between the pond hockey games.
REGISTER A TEAM
- Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com to register a team
- Tournament fee is 219€
- Every team will have a minimum of three games
- 8 players per team. Goalies are not needed
- Games are played 4 vs. 4 (no goalies)
- 15mins per game (running-time). 5min overtime in the playoff rounds.
- No offsides, icings etc. Check the general pond hockey rules if need
- Rink measures approx. 40m x 20m (130ft x 65x) with 25cm boards on each end.
- NO SLAPSHOTS! Do not raise your stick or puck above the knee.
- No physical contact allowed of any kind. Abusive language by a player towards another player or volunteer will not be accepted. Abusive language to any official will result in a player suspension.
- FIGHTING is not allowed and will result in an immediate suspension from the tournament. The team will not be able to replace the suspended player. Intent to injure another player or volunteer will result in an immediate suspension.
- PENALTY will be awarded for every minor penalty
- Referees will have the discretion to also award a “penalty shot” to the opposing team when a minor penalty is flagrant and/or a team is consistently playing in a reckless manner.
- PENALTY SHOTS: Will be taken from center ice and must be attempted within 30 seconds of the penalty being called. Anyone on the opposing team can take the shot.
- MAJOR PENALTIES will result in an immediate goal awarded to the opposing team and could result in a player ejection. A player that is ejected will have his/her case reviewed by the Head Volunteer and/or the OC to determine if they may be allowed to return for the rest of the tournament
- Jersey for every player
- Helmets are HIGHLY recommended
- Protective equipment is optional but highly recommended.
Ruka, Kuusamo, Finland
More information about Ruka: https://www.ruka.fi/en/
HOW TO GET THERE
- By plain: www.finnair.com offers direct flights from Helsinki-Vantaa Airport to Kuusamo Airport. Catching a Finnair Flight is the fastest and the most convenient way to get to Ruka.
- By Car: Head to Rukankyläntie 17, 93825 Kuusamo (820km from Helsinki-Vantaa Airport)
(select RUKA as a region)
IMPORTANT: THE PLAYERS ARE NOT INSURED BY THE ORGANIZER. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR INSURANCE COVERS THE POSSIBLE ACCIDENTS THAT MAY OCCUR DURING THE GAMES.
Phone: +358 44 0259 043